Started in 2005, the Soccer Football Festival has visited various cities including Johannesburg and Rio de Janeiro, and in September 2014 it comes to Manchester (the Club Capital of the World).
The free two-day event hosted at Manchester Cityís Etihad stadium between the 6th and 7th of September will deliver an extravaganza of football, entertainment, youth tournament, football legends, prize draws, football freestylers, competitions, activations and much more!
Over the past nine years (since the festival began) there have been over 1,000 participants, 50 International Superstars and 10 Fifa World Cup Winners that have attended to event. This year is no different, with the likes of Gianfranco Zola, Louis Saha, Faustino Asprilla and Dietmar Hamann making the player line-up.
This year event will take place at City Square which located at the Etihad Stadium, home of Manchester City FC. The City Square is a bespoke fanzone area outside the stadium. For more information visit – www.mcfc.co.uk/fans/bt-city-square/about-bt-city-square.
How to get to the venue: the postal address is as follows:
Ashton New Rd,
If arriving by car, the stadium can be best reached from the M60 (running east from the city). Take either junction 22 or 24, and drive east towards the city centre. From there on, follow the signs for Sportcity.
Car Park Opening times:
- The Blue Car Park ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† -††††††††††††††††† opens at 11:00
- The Orange Car Park ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† – ††††††††††††††††† opens at 12:00
Blue Car Park costs are as follows:
- Motorbike ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† -††††††††††††††††† FOC
- Car††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† – ††††††††††††††††† £10
- Minibus ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† – ††††††††††††††††† £20
- Coach (home & away)††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† – ††††††††††††††††† £30
- Caravan ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††† – ††††††††††††††††† £30
You can get to the stadium by bus from all directions. Please visit the following website for more information, www.tfgm.com.
Today there is a dedicated stop, Etihad Campus, located adjacent to City Square. The Etihad Campus stop is on the line between Manchester Piccadilly and Ashton-under-Lyne; the journey time from the city centre is less than 10 minutes. For more information about the newly opened Metrolink line please visit www.metrolink.co.uk.
Staying the night?
With the festival taking place over two days you may prefer to stay a night at a hotel in the area. The Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport hotel is only a short drive away and will allow you to explore more of the city.
Are you attending?
For those that are attending or thinking about attending we would love to hear your comments of the event.